DataStage Designer, Admin or Manager clients: runtime error 457 – Reindex Datastage
Run-time error 457 logging into project in IBM InfoSphere DataStage
Users cannot login to a particular project using DataStage clients (Designer, Director, or Manager) and encounter the error: “Run-time error ‘457’:
This key is already associated with an element of this collection”.
- The permissions on the DSParams file for the project. This file is in the Projects directory under $DSHOME/Projects/<project name>
the protections should allow rwx for the dstage group
- DSParams file has duplicate entries or DSParams file has EnvVarValues without EnvVarDefs.
- An incorrect index in the project
Correct the permissions, remove the Duplicate entries or add the missing EnvVarDefs for the EnvVarValues. You can also copy the correct DSParams file from the working project.
If the above does not resolve the problem, reindex the project:
- Stop all jobs and close sessions
- Backup the project with the error
- Open up a terminal
cd /IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine . ./dsenv bin/uvsh LOGTO project_name DS.TOOLS choose menu 2 QUIT